You can import two kinds of orders into NewStore Omnichannel Cloud, from external systems such as your E-Commerce system, consumer applications or POS systems:
Current orders are live orders that are yet to be fulfilled. Importing a current order indicates a request to fulfill the order via NewStore.
Use the create order method to import orders.
Historical orders are past orders that have already been fulfilled. Importing past orders allows you to support returns and exchanges for orders originally transacted in other systems. Past orders imported into NewStore Omnichannel Cloud are added to the customer's order history.
Use the Import historical order method to import historical orders.
Importing orders can sometimes take longer than usual, depending on the import queue load. If you want to import historical orders within a specific timeline, NewStore recommends that you start importing these orders in advance, keeping possible delays in mind.
Any new address information for an existing customer is added to the customer's profile. If an imported order contains an email address that doesn't exist in NewStore Omnichannel Cloud, a new customer is created for the address.
How order import works
- Only one order can be imported in a request.
- An order can only contain one shipping address and one billing address.
- An order can contain up to 5 shipments, and each shipment can contain up to a 100 items.
- An order can contain only one shipment if the shipping option type is identified by a service level identifier. To import an order with multiple shipments, include the shipping offer token for each shipment.
- A shipment in the order cannot contain more than one shipping discount.
- An item cannot have more than one item-level discount.
- An order cannot have more than one order-level discount.
- Payments that are neither authorized nor captured (tokens) are not supported.
See the Create order method to see various examples of orders that can be imported.
Importing orders with many items
Based on the order quantity limits set for your business in NewStore Omnichannel Cloud, orders can either be routed immediately, put on hold or automatically canceled. The soft limit and the limit for orders determine the maximum number of items orders can contain in your business. For example, if the soft limit is 300 and the limit is 800, orders with up to 299 items are routed immediately.
Orders with items between 300 and 799 are placed on hold and require approval before they are routed to a location for fulfillment.
Orders with more than 799 items are automatically canceled and not imported.
For help with configuring order quantity limits for your business, contact the support team.