Managing reason codes
Returns, refund or appeasements, order cancelations or item swaps are only available when you have created at least one related reason code.
The reason codes you create are displayed to users when they process different order transactions.
- Return reasons are displayed to associates when processing returns in NewStore Associate App.
- Refund (appeasement) reasons, cancelation reasons and swap reasons are displayed to NewStore Omnichannel Manager users when processing refunds or appeasements, cancelations and swaps.
Reasons are displayed in the language to which the user's app is set. If no translations exist for the language, reasons are displayed in English.
To enable reason codes, see Enabling reason codes .
Creating reason codes
Inform your integration team when you create or update reason codes to ensure that they are mapped accurately to any external systems that use them.
To create reason codes:
- Go to
Reason Codesand in the left menu, select a type of reason code.
code, specify a unique number of up to 3 digits. For example:
Reason (English), enter the reason related to the code. Example: Damaged item, Incorrect product or size ordered. This is the default reason associated with the code and is mandatory.
- To add a French translation to the default reason, click
Add Translation, and enter the translation.
The page displays the default code, the translation, the time when you created the code, and your username.
Editing reason codes
The code for a reason cannot be edited. You can only edit the reason description. See Deleting reason codes .
Inform your integration team when you create or update reason codes to ensure that the codes are mapped accurately to any external systems that use them.
To edit the reason for a code:
Editfor the reason you want to edit.
- Edit the default reason and its translation. The code cannot be updated.
Save. The default reason and its translation are saved.
The page displays the updated reasons, the time when you updated the code, and your username.
Deleting reason codes
If you made a mistake in the
Code when you created the reason code,
you cannot edit the code. Delete the reason code and create a new reason
code. Deleting a reason code has no impact on orders that relate to this
To delete a reason code:
Editfor the code you want to delete.
- To delete the translation for the code, click
xfor the translation.
- To delete the code and the reasons, click
- Verify that you're deleting the correct code and click
OKto confirm the deletion.
The reason code is removed. The deleted reason code is not displayed on NewStore Associate App or on NewStore Omnichannel Manager.